Re: Can't get my top up in cool weather

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can't get my top up in cool weather
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:32:35 -0400
Vance,

I would say your question about cloth over vinyl has been answered and I cant
help you there anyways.  I can however relate what I have tried to get my top
to latch.  I had the same problem and the same result last fall after a warm
day, eating a meal at a restaurant then trying to put the top up after it had
chilled off quite a bit.  I had tried sitting in the car and pushing for all I
was worth to get the damn top to latch with about the only thing I was
accomplishing was getting warm with my strenuous effort.  I stumbled onto this
technique one day and hopefully I will be able to explain it so you can
understand it.

With the windows down I stand outside the car and reach inside under the
convertible top and grab one of the top bows.  I cant remember for sure, but I
think it is the one farthest back.  With the bow firmly in one hand I lean
forward and lever the top forward until the latch slides into place then I
fasten it down.  Works extremely slick and quick everytime, with much less
effort then my other attempts.  Give it a try and let me know how it works so I
can tell if I am crazy or not.

Cheers,

Aaron