Front Brakes

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Brakes
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:08:16 -1000
Aloha Great Minds,

I've just recently replaced the pistons in my front calipers and replaced the
pads.  After bleeding the brakes, all seems fine until I go through a couple
of good hard stops and then the pedal goes to the floor.  I've bled the brakes
a couple of times now and it continues to work for a while and then goes back
to being very spongy.

I can get good braking back by pumping the brakes a couple of times but it
always goes back.  I had the main reserve in the master drained for a couple
of months while I rebuilt the front suspension, could I have done something to
the master???

Thanks, my wife is getting kind of nervous with me driving it and to be
honest, with all the money I've put into it over the last year, the last thing
I want to do is smash it into a wall somewhere, or worse...

Thanks in advance.

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI