Re: throwout bearing

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: throwout bearing
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:23:07 -0400
Jim Jones wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with the HD Bearing
> at British Parts Northwest? I kinda looks like a
> Gunst part, but I know it's not. Is it any good?

Well, the BPNW HD Bearing is not made by Gunst, but I can tell you that it
has the exact same actual bearing on it and also a bronze sleeve just as the
Gunst produces and sells.  It does not have the preload spring and strap
assembly and it does not have the sliding blocks that the most recent
genuine Gunst kits had.

But since it is the bearing and throwout bearing sleeve itself that are the
major components that should be upgraded, it will serve you fine, since it
is the exact bearing Gunst uses.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke