Re: Newbie Questions

To: John & Allison Cyganowski <janah@att.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:12:51 -0600
John:

>From my experience, $6,000 should get you a rust free, mechanicely sound
driver, unrestored TR6, needing most of the cosmetics that cost about
$300.00 each and up; such as top, carpets, dash, seats upholstery, tonneau
cover, and a few small repairs.  Around $2,000.00 to $2,500.00 in total.

For $10,000 most of the above should be new or like new.

As far as repairing a bad 4 speed transmission, I think you could buy a good
used one cheaper than rebuilding.  There are probably a few owners on this
list who have upgraded to an overdrive transmission and can sell you a good
used 4 speed.

Ed
1976 TR6 Red not Pimiento.