RE: redline tire question

To: "'Jim Jones'" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <Davgil@aol.com>
Subject: RE: redline tire question
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:17:24 -0400
I bought a set of 215/70-15 redline tires from Diamond Back Classics.
They are Dunlop SP40 tires with the redline applied and are mounted on
6.5X15 Panasport wheels.
My suggestion to David and anyone else that wishes to have the redline
look on a modern tire is have Diamond Back start with a performance tire
rather than a touring tire, which is what the Dunlops are. You may want
to have the tire of your choice drop shipped to DBC and have them stripe
them.
I like the look, just wish I had a more aggressive tire. Sure enough
though, the DBC redline is .035" narrower than the Michelin Redline, but
it would be difficult for me to tell had I not just gone out and
measured.
I'll send you a photo of the tires on my car if you wish.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Thanks, David.

The company's willingness to respond to questions says a lot about how
they do business! Maybe Jim could shed some light on that for me.

Davgil@aol.com wrote:
Jim,
I don't have personal experience with the Diamond Back tires, but Jim
Davis of Fortson, GA has recently purchased a set.  He told me that he
was pleased with the tire, but that he would have preferred a better
performance tire.  I saw his car at Chateau Elan a couple of weeks ago
and the tires looked good, but I felt that the redline was a little too
narrow.  You should be able to contact Jim.  He is on the six-pack list
and on the big Triumph list as far as I know.  He and I have
communicated a couple of times about these tires.  For what it is worth,
I have had poor response from Diamond Back from a couple of e-mail
contacts that I have made with them.  As I understand it, they are
currently wanting to provide a Dayton tire instead of the Dunlop for TR6
applications.  Good luck, David Gill