"o" ring in carb.

To: "6-pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: "o" ring in carb.
From: "Saul W. Adelman" <sadelman@woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:04:12 -0400
This is a follow up on a thread concerning replacing the "o" ring in the CD
175 carb's adjustable needle assembly. I have the same problem of my front
carb draining of any oil quickly while my back carb retains the fluid. It
was suggested that the "o" ring needed to be replaced.  In looking at the
hayes manual (page 15-4) it states that the screw fitted with the "o" ring
is not removable. This is the part that has the hex key recess for
adjustment.  Is there a trick to getting this out to replace the "o" ring or
is this truly - not removable?  I splurged 75 cents for the "o" ring..

Saul W. Adelman

'76 TR6 Minosa

CF57373U