Painting fan shroud?

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting fan shroud?
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
'Packers:

I have yet another topic for discussion.

My fan shroud is original and in very good condition. It is, however, rather
faded and water stained in places. Being thrifty (cheap) I would like to renew
the finish on this one rather than replace it.

Since is exposed to heat, moisture, and vibration I have some qualms about
applying a primer and respraying it dark gray. I guess I'm concerned that these
conditions will cause the paint to chip and flake off. I've also considered
using exterior opaque stain.

Any opinions on this?

Jim Jones
'72 Emerald