Re: Gunst Bearing -- typo

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gunst Bearing -- typo
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:09:15 -0400
It's probably obvious, but I meant to say in regard to the B&B bent
fingers:

He (Gunst) told me he has *NO* idea why it sometimes squeals and he
agrees with Dick Taylor and Nelson that it should not. But his
observation was that it sometimes did.

Personally I would believe Nelson and Dick Taylor that the B&B works OK,
but if the bearing fails and a B&B is being used and Joachim believes
and has said the B&B (bent fingers) doesn't work well, then I think
things could start to get messy in terms of Joachim Gunst guaranteeing
the bearing.

Personally, if I already had a B&B I think I might be inclined to use it
rather than buy something else, but....

Gunst sort of recommends the Luk, but it's my understanding that most
anything will do. The only one he has cautioned about is the B&B bent
fingers.

Don Malling