Re: Cutting holes in rear valance of 72 TR6.

To: "Brian Alwin" <Brian.Alwin@TRW.COM>
Subject: Re: Cutting holes in rear valance of 72 TR6.
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:43:23 +0000
I thought only the '73 and newer had rear valence holes. Part of the changes by
the American BL division, like the Brit flags on the rear wings and the front
air dam. The '72 had the lisc plate light on the bumper, with a small hole in
the valence for the wires, from the rear valence to the "On the bumper Triumph
light".

So only CF and newer should have the valence cut. I just did my '73 TR6 and it
was a bitch to cut the holes (I had a pre 73 valence installed) and insert the
new lights. Also feeding the wires through the reinforcement panel was a
headache.

The holes are the same size as the clear covers, the black holder for them
gives the depth needed to fit them in there. But I'm still fiddiling with them
to get them in. I broke one bulb already.

As far as location, I made a template from my old rear valence.
--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net