RE: shaft-style stereo for TR6

To: Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: shaft-style stereo for TR6
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:57:05 -0400
Ryan,

I went through this adventure last summer.  I found that most shaft style
radios/w cassette were pretty hard to come by & the models that were
available had no Horsepower.  I'm guessing the cassette players weren't that
great either.

What I ended up doin' was goin' to e-bay & hunting for one there.  I
actually found new old stock of some models, but they're not gonna be cheap.
  You can also go to junk yards.  They should have tons of them.

I wasn't all that happy with the performance so I went to a modern
radio...again on e-bay...came with speakers too.  Enlarged the hole &
voila...tunes.  Probably gonna need an amp too, but once you cut the
hole...the sky's the limit.  It's that cutting the hole thing that many TR
owners can't get past.

Todd