RE: new foam and vinyl for seats

To: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@cdc.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: new foam and vinyl for seats
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:01:22 -0700
        Michael:

        I did my seats with foam and covers from Moss. The fit and
materials were very good, with one small complaint; The foam kit did not
include foam for the headrests. This was really a nit, as it turned out.
I went and bought some 2" thick foam, and cut it to fit, wrapping it
over the top of the headrest support.
When I added the cover, it all conformed very nicely and looked
professional. But it would have
saved me a trip to the store if they had included it in the first place.
Mosses solution to this is to sell complete headrests, already
upholstered. (I must ask "Why?") The pleats, diamond pattern and grain
on the vinyl all looked OEM and I was very pleased with the results. I
caught it on sale from Moss (20% off), so I couldn't knock the price.
Stitching and workmanship all seemed very good. I have had it in a year,
and no rips or splits.
        I do not recommend their carpet kits, however. Fitment was off
significantly in one or two places, and the passenger side flooring
included a stitched on heel mat, which is not original. Materials were
good to very good.

        Vance