Whole lotta' shakin' going on

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Whole lotta' shakin' going on
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:33:55 -0700 (PDT)
Listers:

A few weeks back I described my new experience with
clutch "shudder" when I start out in first gear.
After almost 20 years of TR6 ownership I've never
experienced this sensation.  Your opinions diverged on
either a failing clutch or oil getting on the pressure
plate from the rear seal.  Either way I'm resigned to
replacing the clutch at the end of this season - it
needs it any way.

My question now regards the steady vibration I'm
getting at speeds above 30 mph.  I feel it all over -
the steering wheel, the seat, the stick shift, the gas
pedal. It seems more than just wheel balance - almost
like a buzzing vibration all over.  It's there all the
time when the car is in gear and worse when I'm on the
gas.  My new wheels and tires are balanced and the
front end is recently new and pretty tight.

Can this be related to my possible clutch problems?  I
forgot to mention this before but both problems
started happening at the same time.  Possibly related
or weird coincidence?

Thanks as usual,
Joe Merone
CF18928