Re: Volvo J Type OD gear ratio %

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Volvo J Type OD gear ratio %
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:15:51 -0400
I can see where the ID plate used to be on the passenger's side of the J
type, but the plate is missing. Underneath where the plate used to be it
says 13 SO 7427 cast into the housing -- not stamped.

I called John Esposito, and he said the J types on a Volvo provide more
information that did the TR6's, and that the 7427 cast into the housing
underneath the missing ID plate means that it's from a 74 Volvo and it's
27%.

John was at Carlisle when I bought the Volvo transmission and OD and he
said the TR6 J types were 25% and the Volvo's were all 25% or higher.
There were none lower than 25%.

Don Malling