Clutch Master Cylinder

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:58:35 EDT
A friend of mine is rebuilding his TVR with a 1976 TR6 engine.
He rebuilt the master clutch cylinder and installed. We are now trying to
bleed the system but when the clutch pedal is depressed, nothing happens, it
goes all the way to the floor without any resistance except for the return
spring. No fluid is moving through the master to the slave.
Any ideas where to look first.

Another thing, he has installed a Crane ignition with a ballast resistor
attached to the coil. Unfortunately we do not have all the installation
instructions. We have a lead coming from the top of the ballast to the positive
 on
the coil, but we are not sure what lead should be attached to the bottom of
the
resistor. The labels attached a couple of years ago during disassembly are
now unreadable and memory is failing with age.

If anyone can help two old guys figure some of these things out, it would  be
appreciated.

Stuart
Belleville ON