High Beam Lights

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: High Beam Lights
From: "Mike Brandon" <mbrandon0512@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:42:44 -0400
Hi Team,
I am having trouble getting my high beams to come on, the low beams are
working fine!. As far as I can make out there is a good connection from the
dip switch on the steering column, to the high beam setting, because the
high beam indicator on the dash lights up. I've put a direct 12 volt
connection on to the lights and they seem to be OK. This seems like an issue
with our friend Lucas, and I want to check the plug in connectors have good
contacts. As I read the electrical diagram there are 2 plug in type
connectors (I'll call them 4 way splitters). The first one is where the
connection to the high beam indicator dash light goes to, and the second is
where the leads split off to the high beam connection at the lamps. I have
been trying to physically locate where these "4 way splitters" are?  I
found, what I believe is the second one, which is located under the Radiator
cowl, hanging out of the harness bundle, about centre of grill, but I can't
find the first one!! The connecting wires are White and Blue in colour .

Any help to locate the first "4 way splitter" would be most helpful, or
other illuminating comments! Thanks a lot.

Mike.
1974.5 TR6, CF-30480-UU.