Help, I am Drowning!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help, I am Drowning!
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:01:11 -0400
Hi All,

My beautiful new TR6 arrived yesterday.  I paid for it to be shipped enclosed
carrier, but in the shipping companies infinite wisdom, they shipped it on an
open carrier. In the rain. In fact my car now is full of water. I have been
able to get it inside and I have started to remove the carpets and
underlayment.  Here are 2 questions to start:

I haven't the foggiest idea of how to dry the carpets. One thought was to bag
them up and refigerate them to stave off mold.  If we get a really hot couple
of days soon I suppose I could lay them out on my house roof. Any other
ideas?

The floor pans on may car look pretty good, but as you might guess, the paint
is blistering in a few areas.  What should I do about this?  I suppose I could
strip them down, prime and paint them.    What does the group recommend?

Regards,
John Cyg