Re: Trunnion thrust washers

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Trunnion thrust washers
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:20:32 -1000
John,

I didn't have any problem with this. I placed outside washers onto the bolt,
passed the bolt through the lower arm, placed the trunion washers on, pushed
the bolt through the other side and repeated.  It might be pretty tough to
do if the lower arms are already tightend down at the frame.  If they're
loose, you shouldn't have any problem.

I've attached a front end suspension instruction sheet that I used when
rebuilding my suspension.  One note that I learned is that if you are
replacing the bushings, make sure the wheels are down on the ground before
tightening everything up.  I ripped all of mine after lowering.

Good luck,

Mark Bullard
'74 TR6
Kailua, HI