Dash Needed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash Needed
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:54:02 -0400
Hi List,

I have slowly gathered what I hope is all the parts I will need for replacement
of the crash pads for my '71.  My current dash isnt in bad shape except the
glovebox door was replaced at one point so the wood grain doesnt match.  So I
have purchased some nice veneer in a type of wood named makore which is an
african cherry.  Here is a description.

The Wood: Usually a fine, straight grain wood, but some logs will have an
interlocked grain that produces an attractive mottled figure.

My problem is that I dont want to tie the car up for 2 weeks while I refinish
the dash I have.  I would rather refinish a spare, then take a couple days to
put everything together.

So, does anyone have a spare dash that would fit a '71 that they dont mind
parting with.  It would need to be a dash from a car up to CC75000 although I
might be able to apply the veneer to allow for a smaller hole and make a '72
dash fit.

I would be willing to play Monty Hall and make some sort of a deal or pay for
it outright.  I will have plenty of the veneer I am using leftover or I even
have a walnut refinished dash with the center three hole aperature that I could
trade.

I have tried without success to pick up one on ebay.  Either I have been outbid
at the last minute or the condition was too suspect to warrant a bid.  I even
won an auction that didnt meet the minimum and couldnt even talk about working
something out with the seller since he was going to sell it to someone else.

Please respond off list.  All help would be greatly appreciated.