Re: Spam Alert: Re: Hi Energy Ignitions?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Alert: Re: Hi Energy Ignitions?
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:04:04 -0400
Hi Dick,
    Phasing was my first thought, but I drilled a hole in a spare cap and no
matter what I tried I could still hear arching in the cap. I even took my
rotor and filed the long nose off  that the TR6 rotor has thinking this
would help. I hope I'm wrong but I think I have an unsolvable problem. In
doing some research last night I found out that this is a common problem
with HEI systems adapted to older cars, seem the towers on the older
distributor caps are too close together and the spark is crossfiring all
over the place. I brought this concern up with the Crane Tech Dept. before I
purchased the system and I was assured this wouldn't be a problem , I hope
their right but my gut tells me this problem can't be fixed without a
different cap, which no one makes.

Let me know if you have any other ideas,
 Nick