Re: alternator cross reference

To: TR6UO@aol.com
Subject: Re: alternator cross reference
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:50:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 TR6UO@aol.com wrote:

> Walt,
> According to the Beck/Arnley Buyers Guide/Interchange, the Lucas 23697/ 23739
> 43 Amp
> single pulley alternator fits '73 and '74 TR6s only. However, the clocking
> for the '73 and '74 GT6 is the same as the TR6 but calls for a 28 amp
> alternator. So, of course, the TR6 alternator can be used on the GT6, but not
>the GT6 on
> the TR6.

Just a point of information - the GT6 uses the Lucas ACR17. The early
TR6's also used that one.

The 43 amp version is the ACR18, if memory serves.

But you want the 43 amp version if you run anyhting more than the motor
and the headlights. Trust me on this, it suX sitting between two semi-s on
a busy interstate in Hartford, CA when you find out that the headlights,
heater, radio, CB and electronic ignition are too much for the ACR17.

:-)

> HTH
>
> Steve
> CCUO

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |