Tires and Speedometer Question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires and Speedometer Question
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:01:02 -0400
I provisionally passed my state inspection.  The provison?..New tires.  So I
bade a sad farwell to my Michelin X Red-Lines.  Now when they were taking
the tires off the rims, I cautioned them about the tubes and guess what?  No
tubes.  They weren't there.  Isn't this a no-no?  What could have happend -
ie what would be the most likely mode of failure by not using tubes in the
tires?

Michelin or even Coker redlines at this time are well behold the threshold
of pain ($).I purchased 4 new Cooper WW 195/75R15s.  I think this is an
acceptable tire size based on a discussion on this list from a while back?
Will these cause any speedometer issues?

My speedometer is jumpy and seems to read a little fast.  Any ideas about
what to check?

Regards,
John Cyg.