Stage III engine : answers to questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stage III engine : answers to questions
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:34:09 EDT
Thanks guys for the encouragement and the questions re my engine project with
Precision Research Industries.  I talked to Chris re all the questions I
received and I will attempt to answer some of them as best I can.  Chris asked
that I direct all other questions to him directly at his email address (I will
provide that for you tomorrow, as I do not have his address handy tonight).
     First of all, Chris and I have planned that this engine will be street
friendly, as Chris states that Stage III engines idle smoothly at 850, run much
cooler than my engine currently does, and yet produce 190 to 200 hp (although
I am unaware if these is hp at the wheels or otherwise).  I am running
stainless steel falcon headers in addition to the mods done by Chris. The
engine
will produce a power curve more evenly distributed than I currently have, and ,
according to Chris, will have "scary accelleration" for an engine this size.
He has not as yet advised why use of the lightened flywheel instead of an
aluminum wheel, nor has he yet responded to the question re the Mazda pistons.
suggest you contact him directly with the piston question, and I will follow-up
with the flywheel issue. I will keep you posted.                  Bob Pierson

Check out the new British Cars Forum: