RE: Primary coil resistance?

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Primary coil resistance?
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:04:51 -0700
Joe,

The voltage at the point you were reading should be more like 10.5-11V, if
your TR still has a ballast resistor in series with the coil.  It would be
good to check the voltage at your coil when the engine is running, too.  It
sounds to me as though you have low voltage at the coil due to a voltage
drop caused by an unwanted resistance somewhere.  If you had a short
somewhere and were reading about 8V because of it, something would be hot as
hell somewhere and burning and smoking.

Gary
'73