RE: Pertronix and Lucas Sport Coil

To: "'Colin Thom'" <colinthom@shaw.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix and Lucas Sport Coil
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:37:31 -0400
Colin,
I'm running the Pertronix Ignitor with a Lucas Sport Coil and have the
ballast resistor bypassed. No problems whatsoever.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Hi Gang, Is anybody running a Pertronix unit with a Lucas Sport coil?
Having read Dan Master's informative piece about ballasted and
non-ballasted coils, I've bypassed the ballast resistor on my car, since
I'm using a Lucas Sport coil. The instructions with the Pertronix unit
tell you NOT to bypass the ballast resistor if your car has one. I'd
rather not have to give up either the coil or the Pertronix, so I'm
wondering what people think..any comments? Thanks as always. Colin Thom
at colinthom@shaw.ca.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: