Re: TR6 fog lamps : what was original?

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, jattr6@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: TR6 fog lamps : what was original?
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:25:03 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/04 7:00:30 PM GMT Daylight Time, TR250Driver@aol.com
writes:

have a  set of Lucas Lamps on my TR6.  They are rectangular with white
plastic covers with LUCAS imprinted on them in black raised letters.
Although not
"original" they are acceptable as a period accessory for an  Early TR6 at
6-PACK and VTR.  Sometimes you can find them NOS but  they ain't cheap.  They
came
in a Fog version and a Running Light  version.  I have one of each on my  Six.
Cheers,
Darrell

Hi Darrell
Originally they used one "Silver Sabre"  fog light and one "Silver  Lance"
spot light and these were Lucas units mounted onto the top of the bumper  and
were round in shape. These I think were the Lucas FT 9 units. See the TR6PI
press cars--PDU 515G and PDU 520G because both of these were such fitted. Circa

1970 onwards if you wanted fog lights then you could have Lucas "Square
Eights"  and these were mounted under the bumper and were rectangular in shape.
Hope
this  helps you.
Cheers
Alan Graham