New problem :(

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New problem :(
From: "Adam C Beasley" <adam@adambeasley.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:32:59 -0400
First of all I want to thank everyone for their help with the distributor.
I followed some peoples advice and stripped the distributor, cleaned the
parts, lubed and put her back together.  The timing is dead on now and
hasn't varied after checking it several times.

Now for the new problem...  I was planning to finally drive my car to work
for the first time since I got it. over 6 months ago. She was running great.
I went for a 25 or so mile trip with some stop and go and a lot of open
road.  She ran great!  I got home, cleaned the interior and then my garage.
I was about to park her for the night but decided to take one last trip
around the neighborhood. She started fine but a little hesitant like she was
still cold.  I drove down a hill in second, turned around and started back
up, shifted to second and after about 100 feet she all the sudden lost
power.  When I took my food off the accelerator she almost died but
recovered.  I struggled to get her back in the garage and she backfired a
couple times but not bad.  I checked the timing. dead on.  Pulled the plug
wires individually while she was running to check for a change. all of them
seemed to be firing.  Reved the engine, she came down and RPM's dropped to
about 500 and then back up.  Checked timing, dead on.  Switched points, cap,
rotor, and condenser. retimed, reved and same result.

I also checked the fuel pump screen and it clean.

Any ideas?  I'm thinking that I might have water or something in my fuel???

Thanks,

Adam

73 TR6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: