Horn Problems

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn Problems
From: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:27:19 -0400
OK, I give up. Replaced: horn button, horn push connection, brass slip ring
and insulator, inner column bushings, plastic washer between column end cap
and clamp, ground wire for rubber coupling, ground from steering rack to frame
and still no horn. If I ground from steering wheel to dash frame, horns work
when I press button. Since my car is o/d, there is no relay. I am pretty good
at following written and schematic instructions but being a functional
illiterate when it comes to electrical probems I am stymied. After overcoming
many obstacles with the lighting in the past year, this is only barrier to
passing state safety inspection. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce Moxon
TR250

Check out the new British Cars Forum: