Re: Electrical Gremlins

To: <JHMDDS@aol.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Electrical Gremlins
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:37:01 -0700
James, I may be wrong is some of this, but others will correct if that' the
case.

> 1) My gas gauge, temp gauge, turn signal and heater blower all went off
> today, then came back on then went off again.  Can anybody tell me the
best place
> to start in running down this problem?

1st read would be one of the fuses going funny.  not necessarily burning
out, maybe an old solder joint failing.  replace the fuses and see -- don't
just test, try with all new ones.
2nd read -- since it was your gauges that stopped, it could be te voltage
stablizer.  it's on the back of the tach, but I don't know of anyway to test
them, short of replacing with a good known unit.

> 2) The yellow oil light at the bottom of my tach stays on all the time.
The
> oil pressure gauge reads normal and the engine oil level is full.  I
haven't
> had the chance to check the wiring connections yet for either problem.

The oil light is also wired into part of the brake waring system, and te
PDWA assembly, just below the booster, may be a little out of kilter.  Does
your brake warning light in the dash light also?   The PDWA can be
recentered by removing the switch mechanism nd with a blunt awl, you can
mode the slider back to a central position.

Ken
So San Francisco
73 TR6 - CF7000U0
(Almost) Daily Driver