Re: Shocks or levers on a tr250

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shocks or levers on a tr250
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:38:08 -0400
I agree with Todd. I have heard tons of "opinions" on which tube shock
kit to use -- everyone seems to have their own opinion. There are too
many different opinions in my mind. The flags start waving and bells
start ringing when I see lots of different opinions.

Bob Lang runs lever shocks on his race car. I've seen him run and it's
plenty good enough for me.

I will use my original lever shocks on my TR250 (original owner) and
will remove the crap body mounted style tube shock conversion from my 71
TR6 and repace them with levers.

Talk to Peter here http://www.nosimport.com to get them rebuilt. Peter
talked me out of rebuilding mine. He said if they don't leak at the
lever to body joint, they don't need to be rebuilt.

Don Malling

Todd Bermudez wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I'm sure many will agree that changing shocks will
> depend on your driving habits.(racing/street)  My
> lever shocks work great for street.  The tube shock
> conversion kits vary in style, but offer a variety of
> setups.  I've heard of frames being cracked/broken due
> to the torque of the tube shock mount.  Probably due
> to some very agressive driving.  You can also get HD
> lever shocks so keep that in mind.
>
> I think the autocross guys are the best to ask.
>
> As far as the clunk in the rear end.  Someone once
> told me that if your diff mounts haven't cracked yet,
> they will.  Chances are good that one is cracked.
> Probably the driver side front mount.  I suppose you
> can also have bad u-joints or perhaps a shock is
> extremely loose.  Lots of possibilities.  Get under
> the car & look at the front mounts.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: