fuel pump valves

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel pump valves
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:46:01 -0800 (PST)
Listers:

Maybe Mr. Swarthout is right about me being a dork.

Last night I replaced the input and output valves in the AC fuel pump I
rebuilt. Needless to say, taking those suckers out and replacing them was much
harder than the manual implied! These things are a royal pain the backside!

I used a 9/16" tube to tap (hammer) the new valves into place in the upper pump
body. I am concerned about several things:

1. I am unsure if I got them in far enough or whether I damaged them by tapping
them in too much

2. The surfaces of the pump body surrounding the valve seats suffered some
collateral damage from the effort.

3. Is there any way to test the pump short of installing it and running fuel
through it?

I feel very clumsy and stupid right now, so be kind to me folks.

Thanks,
Jim

Check out the new British Cars Forum: