Re: Instrument Repair

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Instrument Repair
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:08:09 -0800
Richard---I recently found a speedometer repair shop not far from me,
here in So. Cal.  They seemed to know all about the Smiths instruments,
so I sent them one from a '69 TR6 under my care. The charge was  $125.
plus tax and shipping. $142 total. I don't know if that qualifies as
"inexpensive" for you, but the unit came back very clean, and has worked
well for about 3,000 miles so far. (It had been sent in because of an
internal problem that caused (new) drive cables to snap off)

For another $60 they will recalibrate the speedo and odo, if you happen
to be running a wheel/tire combo different from stock. They will need
further info from anyone wanting this to be done.

West Valley Instruments
19314 Van Owen St.
Reseda, Ca. 91335

1-818-758-9500

Dick

From: rsh17@msn.com(Richard Seaton) Date: Mon, Nov 8, 2004, 6:29pm
(PST+2) To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net (6 Pack) Subject: Instrument Repairs
  Can anyone out there recommend a good and inexpensive place to
have a speedo repaired. I just want the mechanical part fixed and not
the face restored.
TIA
Richard Seaton