Rear Hub to Trailing Arm

To: "6pack List" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear Hub to Trailing Arm
From: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:18:50 -0800
Hello List,

Last night I removed the right rear hub from the trailing arm. And on 5 of
the 6 bolt that attached the hub to the trailing arm the studs came out of
the aluminum trailing arm instead of the nut coming off the stud. The
problem is that on a few of the studs the threads came with them! So I'm not
sure how this is going to go back together with the threads stripped out of
the aluminum. These threads are pretty much the major force in keeping the
wheel on the car correct? What should I do to fix the threads? Any guesses
what caused the problem?

1974.5 TR6 with 80,000 miles or so.

Kendall Larsen
San Clemente, CA