Re: Rear Shock Link

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Shock Link
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:10:00 +0000

> Hello again List,
>
> Does any one have a suggestion for removing the rear shock link from the
> lever arm of the original shock? Its a compression fit with a cone on the
> link going into the hole on the lever arm and a nut pulling the cone into
> the arm.
I have done this by removing the shock and link from the car, loosening the nut
that locks the link to the shock, laying the nut and threaded portion of the
link on a block of wood, and then sharply rapping on the lever arm. This is
usually enough to break the hold of the taper fit without damaging the link.
HTH,
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58