Replacimg Trunnions Question?

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Replacimg Trunnions Question?
From: "John Hauser" <jrhauser@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:21:41 -0500
Help! I am in the middle of replacing both trunnions during a front end
rebuild.  Once I screwed up the trunions to the vertical link, one swivel
has ended up very loose (swirling but not up & down) but if I screw it any
tighter the seal on top of the trunnion gets squashed.
The other trunnion is the opposite, as it feels too tight.

Both vertical links are in good shape.  Can anyone tell me how tight or
loose the movement of the trunion to vertical link should be and how to get
it that way?  I do not want to go any further on the rebuilt until I know
the trunions are perfect.  I've looked in my library of tr6 manuals and none
are specific on how tight trunnion should be.

Thanks mucho!

John with one tight and one loose trunnion in florida (and a cat asleep on
me as I type)