Re: Questions

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Subject: Re: Questions
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:20:47 -0500
Soda strip is the use of  sodium bicarb 'baking soda'  instead of sand or
plastic media to strip paint.
The benefit is that it doesn't warp the metal or damage rubber weather
stripping.
You have to have high air pressure and a good drier so the water in the air
line doesn't turn the soda to mush.
Downside:  It doesn't work on all paint surfaces, it is more expensive than
plastic media last I  knew.
I used a sandblaster pot with it.
The older the paint surface the better it works.
There are some very elaborate equipment out there with very high air
pressure  which increases its effectiveness.
Unfortunately I no longer had the equipment when I had to paint my car.
www.hotrodders.com/t26933.html
Al Salvatore