Re: TR250 Mirror Follow Up, repro parts

To: rsh17@msn.com, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR250 Mirror Follow Up, repro parts
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:21:42 EST
In a message dated 11/23/04 5:42:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, rsh17@msn.com
writes:

> Speaking of repro parts, don't get the sycro rings from NOS locators as
> they
> are to thin. Note-they weren't trying to pass them off as NOS, I didn't ask,
> but found out latter they were junk.

How true this statement is you will only know by rebuilding a gearbox only to
find that it will not shift.  Been there done that got the T-shirt. The
difference between the NOS rings and the "junk" repro's is not only obvious but
kind of amazing to me. Why would a supplier go to the trouble to reproduce a
NLS
part but cheap out and make junk?  Don't they know that we will pay an extra
$5 to $10 bucks each it they would only supply us with something that works!
The LABOR to put them in is not CHEAP! OK the cheapo thin rings will work for a
while but for how long?  I truly believe that inferior repro parts are
killing our hobby.  Frustration abounds on my part.  It was so much better in
the
old days when you could still get genuine Stanpart Spares to keep them on the
road.
Sorry for the Rant,
Darrell