Re: Ebay Bumper

To: "Original Music" <originalmusic@adelphia.net>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Bumper
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:10:01 -0500
Well, it all depends on just how bad you want it.  Typically used bumpers
complete with overriders go in the $150$200 range on eBay.  Real nice
complete examples might fetch $300 or so.  Repros are over $400.  Complete
with the brackets and overriders you're probably talking about $550.  I
picked up a bare rear bumper at this year's Carlisle Import Meet for $40 in
perfect ding-free shape.  It just had tired chrome.

It does look pretty nice.  Others are out there, so don't bid as if this is
the last one you'll ever see.  But do bid on what it is worth to you.  When
bidders are paying $330 for a striped water hose, $200 for a NOS Sports Coil
and $155 for a NOS hazard switch it's obvious any item can end up being
worth a whole lot more to some than others.  In the meantime I would shop
around and call a bunch of people for prices.  You can sometimes save by
'assembling' parts from different sources versus getting the 'one-stop
shopping' cost but then it's harder to match condition, but not impossible.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Greg Dito
CD6250L