RE: TR2 value??

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>, "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 value??
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:05:30 -0800
        Richard:

        For a car that old, condition is everything. In primer, it
obviously isn't worth much. Restored, depends where you sell it and it's
condition. It is worth more if it has won some concours awards.
        The only thing I can suggest in terms of determining a rough
value would be to troll eBay for closed auctions of the same model, and
see what the high bids were (not winning, because there may be a reserve
that was not reached. Just take the highest bid.) You obviously won't
find a car like that on Kelly blue book, Edmunds, or any other
established market.
        My swag? A well restored, original car (*restored* not
*renovated*) would be $20-$25k? <shrug>
        One other thought. You could email an outfit that specializes in
LBCs, like British Auto Works or some of the other outfits on the web.
Ask them how much the last one they sold went for. BUT, I know that BAW,
for example, still depends on Kelly for many of their estimates, so they
may not be able to say either(?).

        Vance
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)