Re: Scuttle plenum chamber

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scuttle plenum chamber
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:25:14 EST
In a message dated 3/15/2005 12:01:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jmitch@snet.net writes:

> Anyone know what would be original

John,

All of the TR6's we've seen (including my '76 restoration) appeared to have
been sprayed body color.  The paint was heaviest in the area under the skuttle
vent/grill where you would hope there would be paint since that's where most
of the weather would affect the metal.  Using a mirror, we found that the paint
feathered out (got thinner) in both directions (left & right) from the
skuttle vent area.  I think that the thickness of paint really depended on who
was
wheeling the paint nozzle around during production that day.  Don't forget, the
wiper arm box covers on the inside of the bulkhead would not have been
installed before painting so some paint probably misted its way into the
bulkhead
cavity from those openings.

One thing's fairly certain in my opinion.....the inside of the bulkhead
cavity wasn't black!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA