Re: Gunst Bearing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gunst Bearing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:38:33 -0800
Steve---I don't know why or who changed the preload from 15 to 30 lb.
The 1/2 inch of "stretched spring" gives enough preload to satisfy the
turning of the bearing with the clutch. ( As the clutch lining wears
down, this measurement automatically grows a little, so the preload goes
up).

Dick

sakirsis@txucom.net(STEVE KIRSIS) Date: Tue, Mar 15, 2005, 6:28pm
(PST+2) To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: Gunst Bearing
Thanks for the fast reply from everyone concerning the Gunst measements.
I thought from memory it was 15cm from the edge of the strap, but thanks
to you folks i found out it was from the spot of the unstretched spring.
Now, if my memory serves me, did Gunst himself change this to 30cm? If
so has anyone tried both or any other imput? I bought this bearing with
the original order from Nelson, been a long rebuild, but finally
finishing, Thanks, Steve Kirsis,CF52092