Inny or Outy?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Inny or Outy?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I'm doing a quick survey. The TR6 oil pans came in two general
configurations, one has the engine sump drain plug facing to the front of
the and one drains to the left side of the car.

The reason for my survey is that it seems that the left facing drain is
less common than the other one. Perhaps much less common. On 6 core
motors, not one has a side drain. My street TR6 (original owner) has a
drain on the side.

There's a second question - how many quarts of oil do you use to fill the
sump when you change the oil. My street car takes 6 full quarts, not the
5.5 (11 pints, actually) that the manual states. All capacities that
mention are US, not imperial.

So just for the heck of it:

My TR6 has the engine sump plug facing:

    ___ Forward        ___ To the Left    ___What's a Sump Plug?

My TR6 takes  _____ US quarts to fill after the sump is completely
drained. Include the quart or so it takes to fill the oil filter.

Regards,
rml
p.s. it's slow here today. :-)
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx