Ebay rule violation

To: 6pack@autox.team, net@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay rule violation
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:01:51 EDT
Afternoon guys and gals,
        I would like your input concerning an angry message I received today
from an eBay seller of  machined and polished TR 6 parts (in Georgia, I
think).  I never had an opportunity to bid on his billet aluminum a/c fan
extension
piece, so when I saw that the bidding had ended one night this week I used the
eBay "contact  seller" service and asked the seller if he would like tosell
me the piece at $300....... almost the exact price he originally listed it at,
but not his "Buy it Now" listed price of $350.  (He previously had no bids for
either of the times he listed the part on eBay.)  I thought he would like the
chance to sell it to me for $300, which is only $20 under the $320 price he
originally listed the part to sell for.  To my shock and confusion, he sent me
an email today in which advised that any future messages from me (and somebody
named Al Salvatore) would be blocked.  He also had some critical comments
(mildly put) for Mr. Salvatore; I got the impression that he somehow thinks
that
I know this person and that my original email request was some kind of
collusive effort to purchase his products unfairly or  undercut the ebay
bidding
process.  I had no such intent, nor do I even know this Al Salvatore.  Do you
guys?  I also got an advisory email from eBay itself today which cautioned me
about contacting any seller after an unsuccessful bid (but note that here I
never
even bid on the item) , and telling me not to ask to purchase an eBay listed
item directly from a seller once bidding has ended.  I was unaware of this
rule, and feel terribly that this seller now thinks I was out to cheat
him......especially since I still wish to purchase this part from him at the
price he
originally listed under his "Buy it now" entry.......$350.  I feel that I owe
him
the additional $50 now, given the confusion I created.  Did I get into the
middle of some dispute between these two guys?     Help me out if you can,
folks.       Bob Pierson