sticking clutch pedal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: sticking clutch pedal
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:51:24 EDT
I've got about 400 miles on the motor/drivetrain rebuild of my 71 TR6, and
I'm experiencing my first glitch.  My clutch pedal is "rough" going in and out.

The clutch engages smoothly and is completely quiet.  It sounds/feels like a
spring that is being stretched and is rubbing against something.  The
feel/sound is the same while pushing the pedal and releasing.  If I push the
pedal
slowly, it feels as if something is binding through the entire movement of the
pedal. It almost feels like an old screen door creaking on rusty hinges.   I
initially thought I had a bad bushing in the pedal box, as this is the only
thing
on the car that I haven't replaced!   I had my wife push the pedal while I
felt around for the rubbing, and it would seem it is most pronounced when I
grab
the slave cylinder.  The clutch is a LUK. Everything is new including the
fork, shaft, shaft bushings, and preloaded gunst bearing.  The shaft on the
transmission was smooth, and the bearing didn't bind at all.  The problem is
less
pronounced when the car is running.  It is getting worse every time I drive it.
 Any ideas?
Joe Davis