Oil Leak Solution

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Leak Solution
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:32:01 -0400
Hi List,

Tonight was spent trying to figure out what might be the cause of a
pretty substantial oil leak.  There are two bolts and two screws at the
bottom of the front engine plate.  Or, at least there is supposed to be
something in those four holes.  Not so on my car.  I have never done
anything to that part of the car since I have owned it so I cant own up
to this problem.  Didnt have two screws that would fit, but four bolts
did.  Install the bolts, tighten and almost all of the oil leak is
gone.  Time will tell how muchthe car is still leaking oil and where
else it might be leaking.  But the leak was down to a drop every 20+
minutes, I think.  It may just have been gravity draining the excess
oil from the factory original rustproofing system.  Time will tell.  I
think I will stick a piece of cardboard under the car for a little
while to track exactly what is happening.  All in all, it was the best
and easiest solution that I could have hoped for.

Thanks to everyone who suggested solutions.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)