Rear Tube shock conversion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Tube shock conversion
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
I have had the tube shock conversion on my 6 for 3 or 4 years without any
problems.  This is the one that bolts directly in where the lever shocks were
located.  I have heard several people comment on problems with cracking around
where the shocks bolt to the frame part but never of the frame part breaking.
Someone commented that you need to make certain that the bump stops are
adjusted high enough that they (and not the shock) absorb any abnormally hard
bumps.  This may be the key to successful use of the tube shocks which I
personally have found to give a much better ride than the old lever shocks.
But YMMV.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6

Discover Yahoo!