Sound Deadening Material

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sound Deadening Material
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:22:01 -0700
In the tear down phase of restoration of my 70 TR6, I removed the sound
deadening material from the floors, deck, etc.  I wanted to check on the
integrity of the sheet metal under it.  It was all good; however, I destroyed
the sound deadening material in the process.  So far, I have not found a
replacement source of the same stuff.  (Guess I should have checked that out
first)!  Can anyone help me out in that regard?  I would like to use the same
kind of material and refit it exactly as original.  Since it is not 100%
coverage, does it really do anything?  What have others done - replace it or
not?  Thanks.

Andy
Renton, WA