upgrades

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: upgrades
From: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:27:58 -0500
Some information for listers who may be thinking about some upgrades.

we recently did two improvements to a very stock 72 tr6.

We replaced the springs and front sway bar with the stiffer front and rear
1" lowered springs and sway bars from Goodparts.  The difference is
astounding.  The car is incredibly more stable, handles better, etc.
Absolutely worth doing.

We also added the three carburator setup.  Everything else is stock.  I have
ordered K & N filters but they are not yet here.  The car has more power,
noticably more torque, and a higher top end, but that's pretty much it.
Clearly we should have gone to a wilder cam, but now you're talking engine
rebuild.  I'll report on the new mpg as soon as I remember to record it!

NFI