Re: Filling...with a pump

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Filling...with a pump
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:05:37 -0700
Since any air in the SC should rise to the top where the bleed nipple
is, it's easy to just crack open this nipple and push the pushrod back
into its bore, expelling air (and some fluid) as you go. Do this a
couple of times, should there have been any air in the hydraulic pipe to
the SC. Close off the nipple before releasing the pushrod, and the
reservoir fluid will fill the created gap.

Dick

From:
triumph6970@netzero.com Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2005, 9:42am (PDT+7) To:
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Re: Filling gearboxes in situ without a
pump
I have a slight leak I deal with until the fall. I went to a marine
dealer and picked up a outdrive oil pump. They make these because you
have to fill your outdrive from the drain up. This keeps the air bubbles
out and is extreamly important. It's made of plastic and very cheap. I
stick it in the gear oil bottle and pump it in under the car. Works very
well.
No mess. I've been using the same little plastic pump for 5 years.

 I'm thinking of using it on my clutch slve and push the oil up to the
top. I think I have air in the system.