Re: Clutch hydraulics

To: "Gary Fluke" <gary.fluke@verizon.net>, "Six Pack"
Subject: Re: Clutch hydraulics
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:11:43 +0000

> My clutch requires pumping to release, so it's time to rebuild or replace a
> cylinder, or two. Is there an easy way to tell if it is the master or slave
> cylinder that needs attention? I know, some may say,"Change out both of them,
> the world will be a better place." I don't suffer from shipwrights and always
> enjoy driving the TR more than working on it.
Gary,
If one is failing or failed and they are both the same age, then if you do one,
the other is sure to fail soon.  To rebuild both and bleed once is, IMHO,
preventive maintenance and a time saver, not shipwright's disease. I would also
replace the flexible line between the cylinders at the same time, and then
you're good for many years of trouble free (at least from the clutch
hydraulics) driving.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58