Re: More clutch hydraulics

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More clutch hydraulics
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:35:55 -0700
Gary---I've never honed anything but steel cylinders, but I guess
aluminum could also be honed, with more care.  If there are scratches
deep enough to let fluid get around the seal, then something has to be
done. It might be worth investing in a two-stone cylinder hone.

Dick

Gary wrote:
Gentlemen,
For the purpose of rebuilding my 6's clutch master and slave cylinders,
I'm considering Victoria British rebuild kits. When rebuilding these
cylinders, do they require honing or any special tools?
Gary
'73